Tuesday 27 July 2010

Not Even A Little Bit, Not Even at All

I just remembered how much I loved the movie '10 Things I hate About You'

Its such a funny and sweet film, even if it is based on the Taming of the Shrew, the most gender degrading Shakespeare play ever written :D haha

It's weird how I still remember the first time I watched it. I was at a sleepover at my best friends house and my friends were all spazzing over Heath Ledger and saying how he looked so different with blonde hair. I couldn't care less though because I was all for Freddy Prinze Jnr. back then rofl. WELLLL I couldn't help it!!! He had brown eyes and dark hair, cute smile and I liked his voice. 4 outstanding reasons why I could not resist hahaha.

Then he got married to Buffy the Vampire Slayer and broke my heart, my only consolation being that her middle name was Michelle.

I just looked him up, he looks well old now :S

Awww but they had a baby last year!!! Thats so sweet!!

....actually, I don't care LOL.

Anyway, If you haven't seen '10 Things I Hate About You' you should watch it!!

Basically it's about a guy who gets paid to get a girl to fall for him and she does - then she finds out what he did and writes this poem -

10 Things I Hate About You

I hate the way you talk to me,
And the way you cut your hair.
I hate the way you drive my car,
I hate it when you stare.
I hate your big dumb combat boots
And the way you read my mind.
I hate you so much it makes me sick,
It even makes me rhyme.
I hate the way you're always right,
I hate it when you lie.
I hate it when you make me laugh,
Even worse when you make me cry
I hate it when you're not around,
And the fact that you didn't call
But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you,
Not even close…
Not even a little bit…
Not even at all.



Obviously its a lot more complicated than how I described it, but I don't want to ruin the experience for you when/if you watch it.

He shouldn't have been mean to her like that anyway, not after she flashed the teacher as a distraction so he could sneak out of detention :D

haha

Though actually I remember watching it at that sleepover and all we could comment on were how small her boobs were...you don't see them or anything, we were just like,

'Why is she flashing? There is obviously nothing to flash.'


but then we were just mincing jealous little 12 year olds feeling self conscious because she was pretty and skinny and we had blemishes on our faces and puppy fat.

----

Its funny how I got more friend requests now I changed my profile picture on FB.

They mustn't have realized it was me when my cow was there, even though who else do they know called Minnie???

Maybe I should just revert back to the cow, I love it more anyway...

----

You know what else I love?

The Little Mermaid

It's gorgeous!!

I'm just stalking tumblr and found the disney princesses blog ROFL

Its sparked my love for hand drawn animation back to its maximum.

And aren't they just so magical.

When I was a little girl I used want to be the Little Mermaid and have a talking fish.

Mum said she used to hear me singing the songs to my teddies from my room, back before Sarah arrived.

Then I saw the Lion King and fell in love with it. It's so amazing I could cry...actually it's so amazing I DO cry...every time.

Though my dad makes a mockery of the romantic scene. He's like,

'How can lions sing love songs to each other.'


I'm like

'DADDY you are ruining the moment IT's BEAUTIFUL!!!!'


and he's like,

'You are so silly Michelle.'


And I'm like

-.-

But all though The Lion King is my favourite, I adore all the others too...

Beauty and the Beast
Aladdin
Tarzan
Sleeping Beauty
...etc etc!!!

You just CANNOT beat them

And the Water effects in the Little Mermaid stun me every time...maybe that's where my love of the ocean came from, ITS SO PRETTY!!!!! And I love the part at the end where her father giver her legs and the water goes all sparkly and she runs to prince Eric in that beautiful sparkly dress and lives happily ever after LOLOL

Oh Dear...maybe that's where I get my delusional idea of romance from too.

Disney Princesses always get the prince in the end don't they.

They are my role models ^_^

Well, I have to do a Cinderella now and clean the bathroom.

Have a lovely afternoon/evening/night/morning darlings

Love Minnie

No comments:

Post a Comment