Wednesday 21 July 2010

{FICTION} So Close - Prologue Part 1

Hmmm I never posted anything fictional here, so I thought I would start now with the story I have been writing.

The prologue is VERY long so I decided to split it into three parts, the following is part one :D

Btw I don't mind silent readers, but feedback would be nice for this one SANKYOU!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------

This is a story that is unlikely to come true, mainly because it is fiction.
However, there are true stories within the story.
If you care to find them, they will be waiting.
This story has a real heart.

Prologue - Part 1 -

Somewhere in the Distant Future -

I pressed a button in the car door and the windows slid silently open, the air whooshed in bringing with it the smells of city night life and expensive restaurants.

I loved the city – especially at night.

The lights glowed brightly and all the people wore designer labels and were beautiful to look at. Of course, this was the wealthy side of the city.

I never went anywhere near the squalid places on the other side of town where the working class went to celebrate their weekends in their faux brand clothing and cheap hair products.
To me those places just made the city dirty. I couldn’t see why those people would try and copy the rich kind of fun and cheapen it. Why couldn’t they just party in their own way?

But then, I was a spoiled billionaire, I would never understand how the minds of poor people worked. I felt like I was doing them a favour even thinking about them.

I closed my eyes and let the warm breeze refresh my mind.

I wasn’t really looking forward to the night ahead. It was a milestone I didn’t want to cross.

My 40th birthday and I still felt young.

The city council had prepared a party in celebration because I was quite a big deal. This was their way of sucking up to me. It sickened me really. They were all power hungry scum. It annoyed me how I had worked so hard to get my status and all they did was cling onto the success of another.

However, this party was going to be the event of the year. Everyone who was anyone would be there and I intended to make the right impression. It’s always good to get the best people on your side and I didn’t want to miss any opportunity.

The car slid smoothly to a halt and there was a doorman waiting outside. He opened my door and I got out slowly, at the same time putting some shades on to protect my eyes from the bright flashes of hundreds of cameras. A red carpet was rolled out up to the building in front of me. I started to make my way towards it and then suddenly remembered something and turned back to the car.

A woman was getting out – my date.

Actually she was on the prospective wife list. She didn’t realize that I had shortlisted her for tonight from a list of about 50 eligible women. I didn’t really need her there – she was just an accessory.

Love was something had ruled out of my life at an early age. I knew I would never love anyone.
I didn’t love her and would never love her. Women to me were for image and to satisfy primitive needs.

Otherwise, I didn’t even think about them – money was more important to me.

In recent years though, my seniors had encouraged me towards marriage and I tried to listen to their advice. After all – I would need an heir.

I took her arm in a gentlemanlike way and smiled at her, she smiled back gracefully – I was already bored with her.

The camera flashes became more furious as we made our way toward the doorway.

The venue tonight was The Gallery - An exclusive night club for the wealthy. It was one of my favourite haunts. Other than the top class DJ and the best treatment, it was decorated with masterpieces of modern and classic art. I loved the twist – modern wildlife with a hint of fine taste.

The collection would rotate every season. I was looking forward to looking at some of the new displays. There had been a few times when I’d purchased a piece of art that had really caught my attention and then added it to my own private collection.

It took me a good hour and a half to get done with all the formalities before I could take a look around. I managed to dump my lady with some of her carbon copy friends (some of which were also on my list) and slowly walked around the main hall gazing at the pictures hanging from the walls.

I smirked at one called 2012 which depicted the end of the world.

‘What a crapload of fuss over nothing that was.’ I thought and moved to the next picture.
I was disappointed so far with the selection. None of it jumped out at me. As if being 40 wasn’t bad enough, now I probably wouldn’t be able to get a gift for myself to compensate.

I was just about to give up, when it caught my eye.

THE picture. The picture I fell in love with at first sight. The picture that would change my life forever.

At first I had to look twice, I almost couldn’t believe it was as gorgeous as I thought it was. I looked around at the lighting and then at the glass of champagne I had been carrying around in my hand as if they were to blame.

I walked slowly up to the picture and let my eyes take in every inch of it. It took my breath away.

The image was a simple one. It was of a young woman, she was pretty, but in a natural way, not like the women here tonight with layers of makeup and sticklike bodies. It wasn’t her looks that caught my attention though, it was her expression. Her face was overcome with such a look of anguish and pain that my heart shattered into pieces just seeing it. Her body position displayed her as someone who was completely broken as if the world had just crashed and burned around her and she couldn't do anything about it.

Multiple questions entered my mind:

Who was she?
What had happened to make her this way?
What kind of pain was this?
Who was the artist?
When was this painted?
How could I help her?

I scanned my eyes over to the bottom right hand corner to see the artists signature. It was there but smudged and I couldn’t read it. The date was clear – 12/12/2012

That was almost 16 years ago now.

The business man in me took over my daze and I snapped into action, I wanted to know every single little thing about this picture and that woman and what happened.

And that is how the night of my 40th birthday became the first night of the rest of my life.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Likey???

Thats part one done boooyah!

Laters for more bloggings dear ones

Love Min

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why but Mona Lisa comes into my mind when I read about the painting of the girl. hahahhaa.. XD

    I CAN'T WAIT FOR CHAPTER ONE!!!

    ReplyDelete