Friday 27 August 2010

The Butterflies Seem to Always Arrive at the Same Time as You

There are some things money can't buy, but I already have those things, so now I need some money XD.

And that's pretty much what my day has been about - finding ways to get/make money.

So I furthered my shoving of my artwork into people's faces so they would want to commission something from me - but so far no go. I need to do some more up to date stuff and TBH the more I look at my pictures the more they appear amateur to me....I'm trying to improve myself though. *sigh*

Then I decided to make a sellers account on Amazon and flog my old uni text books - I don't know why I bought them anyway - the year I actually made an effort and studied before exams was the year that I failed...how ironic and discouraging.

That's over now anyway...I hope someone buys the books off me, that would be OSM!

My final desperate act was to make a more current CV and apply for a job vacancy at this new clothes store that's opening in the White Rose Centre (a mall thingy that's near my house).

The reason I did this was because I was complaining to my dad about how I wanted to go to Singapore in October and he was like,

'Get a job and you can go.'

Which translated in my mind is,

'Get a job then Minnie and I will help you find a flight - take you and pick you up from the airport and buy you some essentials for your trip.'


Its a long shot but...I kind of already have maybe 3/4 of the money I would need...Its just a very sadlihkasdfm;apsfoj;lasfjas[of;asf situation for me.

Ah well... *sigh*

Here's some pictures from my day....enjoy ~

This morning I came downstairs and saw a rainbow on the wall - I don't know about your religion, but in mine rainbows are a sign that God will always keep His promises, which is quite a nice thing to remember at the beginning of a new day...but its just very pretty anyway haha.
Tonight, I got bored and had a nice few hours of gameplay on the PS2 - nothing calms the nerves quite like constantly hacking at monsters - though I do tend to get a bit verbal and shout at the screen if things don't go how I want them too...today I told an unhelpful shopkeeper to 'Shut up'...and shouted 'HOW DARE YOU.' at multiple monsters who managed to get a hit at one of my characters.
Some cutscene - you know those moments that are really awkward? And if it happened in real life it would be completely disturbing, but we accept it because its a game??? omg XD
Ah, there's my boy - I am very maternal about him...hit him at your peril...I will stab you to death with an oversized katana if you even dare to touch one hair on his pixelated head.

-----

Didn't take many pictures today, as you can see...

but now I'm really tired.

Dad brought curry home for dinner again tonight....I'm so glad...I was really craving it.

Oh look its now Saturday...I dislike Saturdays...they are so boring...

Maybe I should change that, maybe I should do something on Saturdays that makes me like it more than any other day....I'm just talking nonsense now...but, maybe my nonsense has a bit of sense...we should make the most of our lives...and our days...and our minutes...because they don't last long, they go so fast.

I just don't want to be left behind feeling like I missed out because I never even tried.

It happened to me so many times and now, I'm sick of it.

I thank everyone I know, for inspiring me to work harder...

Some of you go out of your way to give me encouragement and I am so grateful for that.

Some of you are ignorant and not encouraging at all and you make me want to prove you wrong...so in a way I benefit from your rubbishness.

And then there are others who's lives and the way they live it encourage me even if they are far away...or dead...they still make me want to better myself.

Thinking about it - I think this is a great responsibility that we all have.

We all have a direct and indirect effect on the people we meet...people look up to us and watch us, that's why we must always watch our actions, to be a good example for those who are observing what we do.

No matter how insignificant you think you are...you are definitely very important to someone whether you are aware of it or not.

At least one person thinks you are important - me.

Thanks for reading my 1am thoughts. You are complete DARLINGS *HUGS*

Love From Minnie

P.S. please someone encourage me to do something wild...my energies are too evenly placed...I want adrenaline rushes.....My life is so dull right now....

No comments:

Post a Comment