Saturday 1 January 2011

MMXI

The first day of 2011 is very foggy in my part of England.

Obviously I'm at grandmas again feeding of her full internet access.

My dad has been trying to get our broadband fixed, but the helplines are not proving to be very helpful at all.

I've actually started write with a pen again, I have pages and pages of shizz in this writing book that I have neglegted for ages, but with my lack of access to my blog it's been the only way I can release all my jailed up emotions.

BUT GOSH!!! I have missed some people tremendously.

You never realise how big a part of your life some people are until you are actually cut off from them.

I swear if I hadn't been busy over Christmas time and the leading up to New Years Eve, I would have totally ripped my head off by now.

but anyway, when I get my net at home back to full capacity I will type out all the shizz I wrote in that notebook here...it will be like a blinking cyber novel.

SOOOO, last night was New Years Eve.

Every New Years Eve for my entire life we have celebrated at church.

When I was little it was like the best night of the entire year... have you ever seen the Hunchback of Notredame Disney animated film?? You know the part where there have the Festival of Fools??

Well the New Years Eve party used to be exactly like that.

Everyone dressed ridiculously and partied for hours and hours...not exactly the celebrations you'd expect to find in a church...but our church is not exactly the most traditionally inclined places of worship....The building itself is an old cinema so yeah....my parents got married in a cinema building...I will never get over that.

ANYWAY!!

Gradually as I grew up the New Years Celebrations became more and more formal...or as my best friend likes to put it,

'Boring'


It was the last straw when about 7 years ago they stopped letting the kids dance in front of the stage. And since then it has gradually gotten worse and worse...to the point where we now attend just to see old friends and not really for the celebrating.

Last night was....it was ok, I wasn't bored and it was nice to be with my friends and give them shizzloads of huggage.

The performances were based on 'Britain's got Talent'...the talent show.

But it was called 'NHCF's got Talent' instead. NHCF is our church name.

I think over the past month they held auditions at church until they found the best performances and then last night we had to vote for the best one.

The prize for the winner was an ipad.

Unfortunately for us, any relatives or kids of pastors or elders in the church could not take part in the competition so me and Sarah were out of it as well as my friends.

In my opinion, Sarah would have totally won if she could have done a piano piece..but Im biased.

I have a confession though. I decided on my vote before any of the acts performed.

I know...it was probably very wrong of me, but I will always vote for my bias LOLOL.

My friends and I decided we would do a mass votage for Philip, which in the end was fair because his guitar solo was by far the best...but he didn't win because other people in the congregation obviously don't appreciate musical talent. this other girl won...she had a pretty decent voice I guess, but she wasn't as good as Philip.

LOLOLOLOL...can I just mention now...people on facebook are such camwhores, it actually made me laugh.

After we had welcomed in the New Year we went upstairs and had some refreshments...which was ok for a while, but not for my appearance...unfortunately.

The thing is, I have this thing where my face goes red when I get too hot...so when I am in a room full of people and no air conditioning...so my face ended up being like a tomato...darn this pale complexion of mine!!!

I had to actually leave the room for a while to cool off.

I felt like sticking my head in a bowl of ice water...but that would just be silly.

Ah well...we got to grandmas around 2am and just sat about talking and then I had my first cup of tea of the year at 3:30am...Sarah was like,

'Shall we count how many cups of tea we have this year.'


and I said yeah, but I bet we forget to count in a day or so HAHA.

So as far as the New 2011 is concerned I refuse to make any strict promises to myself...I mean, I probably should push myself, but in my own books I'm a huge disappointment, so the year 2011 is me giving myself a break...letting things naturally flow their course.

I refuse to expect too much...I plan on continuing to hope for good things, but as far as other people are concerned I will leave it to God, because expecting things of other people is just crazy painful.

Though, I wont take shizz from people...the one thing I do expect is common courtesy for fellow human beings...and animals... and me :D

My mum said I should make getting a job my resolution, but that has to happen anyway.

My resolution this year is making sure my dog loses weight...I will be incredibly happy when he is at his accurate weight...he is so fat nowadays he actually groans because he's just that heavy.

My dad just brought me a cup of tea, I think I love him.

You know Zaty eonnie sends the best replies to texts, I send like a mass Happy New Year text when it turned 12am (to the chimes of Big Ben - have I ever mentioned that I love being British?).

Anyway, Zaty's reply was 'HAPPY NEW YEAR! I HOPE 2011 WILL BE THE YEAR WE MEET'

I had like a mini spazz in church.

I had intended to make my resolution 'I will make sure I travel this year'

but thats already a promise I made to myself before, which I still have yet to keep and I don't trust myself enough.

Thats the thing about promises, you have to be brave to make one...especially promises you make for other people. Not only are they trusting you, but you have to trust yourself too - it's kind of a big deal.

Indiana Jones is on TV atm, the latest one...that part where those rabid ants get that guy and sort of flow into his mouth and then carry him down into the ant hill...what an epic death...I bet it tickled like crazy.

The whole straw hat thing with Luffy in One Piece was totally taken from the Indiana Jones' fedora thingy...the way they aquire their hats is almost exactly the same way.

I love it though.

All the epic people always get hats from other equally or even more epic-er people....I hope that made sense to you, because it made sense to me in my head.

HA! I get all giddy when I hear Star Wars references in unrelated films.

When Harrison Ford says
'I've got a bad feeling about this.'
In Indiana Jones it instantly makes me want to dig out my Star Wars collection and have an epic marathon watch feeding on only chocolate and coke until it's finished.

Then while watching 'The Revenge of the Sith' I would go on my exercise bike and totally cancel out the tonnage of fat I had just consumed.

And that is my idea of a perfect day...along with meeting my true love, meeting my vip 1st gen family and hugging them to death...okok I have many ideas of a perfect day, this is something I should not get started on because my elaborations will last all night.

And now I will sign off with this -

I've not had a bath since last year - am I dirty???

I've not had my period since last year - Am I PREGNANT???!!!

D: D: D: D:

...

ok I know..it wasn't that funny.

Au revoir

Je t'aime :)

From Min

P.S. No huge changes this year, I will keep everything I love and try and get rid of all my rubbishness.

HAPPY NEW YEAR BABES!!

GABUU GABBUUU GABBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

No comments:

Post a Comment