Sunday 17 April 2011

Me Homies and Homie Times

I know I know.

I haven't blogged in like two thousand million years. However, I HAVE BEEN TERRIBLY BUSY!

Honestly, I've been upon cloud 9 for about 2 weeks. Today however, reality has slapped me in the face - I am kind of on a downer, don't worry though, I WILL DEFEAT it.

I'm glad to say it is the type of downer that has come from a good thing.

You see, I've spent pretty much three months of this year working with friends, living with them, messing with them, talking with them and crying with them.

And when that kind of experience is suddenly over and you have to leave them - well, its really hard...especially in some cases.

AND on top of all this emotion - there is another complicated thing going on, which I am struggling with...struggling with it far more than I ever thought I would.

OH MY HEAD!

Did you know that my phone burps when I get text messages? My parents hate it. I love it.

Lets just say this - Why U no burp a lot for me in the past two days, phone? I going crazy! T__________T

So anyway, the event we have been organising went perfectly. It was a HUGE success. And my team were just too good to be true. We bonded so much this year.

Can't you just feel the love? XDDD Yeah the one in the centre of the heart is me. Im the centre of the LOOOVE!


And this is us on the final day before we all went home, you have no idea how reluctant I was to leave.


Some other moments of bonding -





In fact - we all miss each other so much that we've already planned a reunion in July. Camping in the lake district for a weekend. This will mainly involve - marshmallows and arguing - because as you all know, the more you get to know people the more you can openly show your annoyance - but mostly lots of lovin' and hugs. We all hug each other an awful lot.

When I got home. The lack of hugs was almost unbearable LOL

Anyway, I'm going away again for the whole month of May to help with the after-shock of the event. Making lists for next year and stuff. I have mixed emotions about the whole thing.

Especially about the the fact that after a month I will have to come back to Leeds and its going to be REALLY hard for me to be away from them all again. I also have absolutely no feelings of attachment to the city that I live in and I wouldn't care if my family decided to uproot and leave it - but that is a whole other matter.

Another issue is, I'm not getting payed for all this work. Its all voluntary and I;m not being able to properly search for a job. Well, actually it probably should be an issue, but its actually not.

Before I started working for this project, I had a job interview. As you all know I am a Christian and I really reeealllly want to be living Gods plan for my life. Anyway, I was feeling REALLY good about this interview, but then I started getting this feeling that I should be doing the voluntary work instead. So I prayed to God and was like,

'Lord, whatever happens, let it be what You want, because You know best - You are God after all.'

Well it turns out, I didn't get the job and honestly - I was relieved.

And you know, even though I'm not getting payed. I'm working for a worthy cause and helping people I love and making amazing friendships and I really do believe my life has changed for the best. I'm just overwhelmed and feel so satisfied and really good!

I swear I don't deserve what God has given me the past few years in terms of friendship. My gorgeous BBVIPers and now my lovelies from ESC and beyond. I'm pretty sure I know all of the best people who were ever created.

LOL as I type my love of my friends, my sister throws a basket at my head in a rage and I call her a pig - talk about ruining the mood. I should probably invest in some sisterly bonding before she starts irrationally hating me for spazzing about people who aren't her.

I should go to sleep now.

Goodnight!

Love Minnie

P.S. OMG! I JUST GOT A BURP. YOU CANNOT REALISE HOW HAPPY I AM! I WAS HONESTLY READY TO CRY MYSELF TO SLEEP AND ASK JESUS TO TAKE MY BURDEN FROM ME SO IT WOULDN'T HURT SO MUCH  HAHAHAHA *calms down*

No comments:

Post a Comment