Friday 22 April 2011

A Glorious Day

Today is Good Friday.

It's a special day, not only for religious reasons, but also because it means everyone gets the day off work, which of course means I can spend time with the family.

On that note.

My family all went out without me to see these people who live on a farm where lots of lambs have been born.

This means I'm waiting for them to get home. I don't know why, we have no plans.

I would kind of adore to go to a craft shop though. I've run out of wool for the quilt I'm making - it's pretty much the end of the world.

You know what it's like. You start something, get INCREDIBLY involved in it and then suddenly something happens that halts the progress and it's quite distressing!

Oh my goodness! I've just realised that I have a relationship with a quilt.

I guess it has to be this way though - I have very specific taste in the male of my species and like 99% of the selection I am in contact with do not come up to scratch.

They do not reach the standard of weirdness I need in an individual. THEY fail!

Therefore, I make quilts and get very attached to them.

Don't get me wrong though. There is a very definite 1% of maleness who I am becoming increasingly fond of - and yes, the weirdness level is through the roof - I wont go into more detail than that.

FISH!

So yeah I need at LEAST! Two balls of red wool, two balls of white wool and two balls of black wool. So if anyone is involved in the wool manufacturing business just let me know.

The continuation of glorious weather is certainly inspiring my creativity.

Yesterday I spent the entire morning and afternoon sat in the garden with paper and pencils drawing my little heart out. I'm extremely happy with the result. I haven't been this satisfied about a picture since the (pasteldoggyincident) and I think I've FINALLY let go of my bitter issues lmao!

To add to the joy, the picture I'm drawing is actually a commission. So yeah, when it's finished I get money. Can it get better? I'm enjoying pushing forth with my ability and I get payed for it!

This must be how professional footballers feel!

Christiano Ronaldo eat your heart out ;)

I'm sure my dog thinks he is a boss. He's just lying on the sofa, with his eyes half shut soaking in the suns rays that are pouring through that window (because the curtains fell off the wall). The whole image embodies the phrase 'It's a dogs life' to perfection.

This Easter weekend I will be in Manchester with the family. If the sunshine continues to blaze down on this green and fertile land an alfresco dinner on Easter Sunday is in the works.

Dinner in grandmas garden is perhaps one of my favourite things to do. I think I love it because it means I don't have to wear shoes.

In a perfect world I would never have to wear shoes. In fact, there was one holiday - I must have been about 14 or 15 - I actually spent the whole week unshod like a homeless person. Those were the days!

Lord! It's not even midday yet! Its crazy how some days seem so slow and yet the weeks go by so fast. When you are a child everything takes forever, but when you get to the summertime of your life it all speeds up. It's hard to keep up with sometimes. Especially if you are me. I'm a plodder. I like to plod through life in a half awake state. It's an extremely bad habit of mine and I'm trying to conquer it.

You know, I have very attractive friends. Its amazing how I have managed to survive with so much beauty coming at me from every angle and place and wherever!

So much beauty within too.

It's so lovely to have people who you can look at and say, 'I just love you.' without having to explain why.

You don't have to say, 'Its because of the way you push your hair out of your eyes.' or 'I love you because of your cute mannerisms.'

All that shizz, although very endearing, is not that knowingness you get. I can't describe it - it's like a really sure knowledge that when you think of a person - you just know you love them. And then all the rest grows from that.

Friendship is a beautiful thing. Such a strong bond and highly underrated and also taken for granted!

You are an idiot if you take it for granted, and a stupid idiot at that!

Now I shall go and draw for a wee while (and by 'wee' I mean 'little' not urine).

Have a beautiful day and for all those who are celebrating the day our Saviour took our shame upon Himself so that we be whole and without guilt, lets rejoice in our freedom together!

A life without chains! Such glory is ours!

Love Minnnnnnnnnnnn

P.S. AND CHOCOLATE EGGS ARE OURS TOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment