Saturday 18 April 2009

My Sassy Boys (well two of them)

Ugh, I've not had a good or productive day. I started out thinking all positive and now at 18:16 I've found I've not done anything at all. I have loads of uni work I havn't even started, which has to be handed in next Thursday...I havn't started mainly because I'm not too sure about what I'm supposed to do...the assignment briefing is VERY vague, I can't belive how crap my life is becoming. On top of everything else, I had a big argument with my dad today and I think I hurt his feelings, not to mention I refused to go on a family walk with them. On my side of the argument I was pushed when I'm already stressed, but that is never a good enough excuse to hurt someones feelings. Especially my dad, who has done so much for me. Sometimes I think he expects too much of me though. I'm not particularly interested in housework and other such things, but I still do them ALL the time when he's at work and yet when he gets home he says I havn't done anything....akkkk but anyway enough of this feeling sorry for myself, its boring and I've got it off my chest now so I feel a bit better...now onto more important things....

The actor that has caught my eye for the past few weeks happens to be Cha Tae Hyun (the My Sassy Girl Guy).
I keep watching films and then later realizing that he was the lead roll or noticing him as a cameo. Then the other day I found the Family Outing episode that he's in and it proved to be hilarious (look out for the mexican accents if you ever watch that one I alost died when Cha Tae Hyun and Kim Joong Kook started talking to that Preying Mantis >_<). I thought I should just mention him because he stars in two films I admire a great deal, One of the of course, being My Sassy Girl and the other being Babo - a film which I watched earlier this year and its amazing. If you havn't seen it, try and find it, because it will leave you breathless (hahaha I alost wrote breast-less, oops). Anyway I found that CTH has been in another film that has had major success in Korea and American Producers have also shown intrest in making a US version (hopefully they won't make a complete hash up like they did with the My Sassy Girl remake - if you want to know how to ruin a good story, watch that). This movie is called Speedy Scandal and here is the synopsis I got off hancinema -

NAM Hyun-soo was once a popular idol star among teens and worshiped liked a god. Although he’s in his mid-thirties now, he’s still a sought-after celebrity and the host of a popular radio show. But one day a very young single mom named Jung-nam sends her stories to the radio show that Hyun-soo hosts. Her stories about her longing to meet her father whom she’s never seen before grips the nation and catapults the ratings to make it the most popular program. But to his surprise, Hyun-soo later confronts none other than Jung-nam, and her 7 year-old boy, Gi-dong. Jung-nam and Gi-dong invade Hyun-soo’s home and his radio station, claiming that Hyun-soo is her father. Hyun-soo does what he can to salvage his celebrity image.

Sounds interesting ne? I can't wait until I can watch it, then I'll tell you how good I think it is :)

Other films starring Cha Tae Hyun that I enjoyed are My Girl and I and Highway Star, the former being a drama and the latter being a comedy.

Oh, it was Lee Jun Ki's 27th birthday yesterday and he's doing his second fan meet tonight...in fact, it's probably finished now, because it's tomorrow in Korea ^_^. Anyhoo I wish him all the best for his 27th year and hope that he continues to have a prosporous life (and continues to be as gorgeous as ever). I love you LJK, just for being so completely awesome!!!!


I'm all excited because I can finish watching Iljimae soon (it starts the beautiful human being in the above picture), but I'm afraid uni work comes first...after all I can get my degree then get a good job, then get some money and then go to Korea and have some fun....FIGHTING!!!!

From Min

1 comment:

  1. speedy scandal was gooooooddddddddddddddd
    cha tae hyun is not the average good looking male actor in korean but he sure knows how to capture the audiences' hearts..
    i first know him from my sassy girl and his character was so cool..
    and he proved his funny self during family outing
    gah.. i was LMAO watching his part with jae sook and how he revealed kook jong's cry...
    kekekek

    ReplyDelete