Saturday 12 May 2012

Inspiration

Last night I went to a poetry recital.

I am a fan of poetry in general, but it was interesting to watch people read out something they had written themselves. I was actually shocked at the high standard - usually when I go to things like this it's just to support amateurs. These people were like screen writers and opera writers, people who make a living out of using words to recreate moments in life.

It was pretty stunning. I freaking love the arts.

I live with someone who is a professional singer and she was also performing there during the interval. I'd never heard her sing with an audience before. We were joking earlier because I told her as much and she said,

'Yeah you've only seen me walking around the house singing in my pyjamas.'

Which is true.

She has a stunning voice. Glad I was able to hear it in that environment.

I live with super talented people, yet they are so down to earth about it, not shoving it into everyone's faces- so I will. In my house there is a singer, a musician, a dramatist, a film maker, plus a few others. As far as artistic inspiration goes I am probably sitting in the ideal spot. Creativity abounds. I really hope I learn to soak some of it up.

I love people who inspire me. That's all.

I just hope that one day, I'll be able to inspire them back.

No comments:

Post a Comment