Sunday 20 May 2012

Ends and Beginnings, oh, and Shelves.

I tidied my room today.

Someone needs use of  the bottom bunk for a few weeks so I thought I'd make the effort and give the gift of cleanliness to them.

I also sorted my shelves, they look awesome now.

Top shelf - Books and DVDs

Middle Shelf - Souveniers and memorabilia

Bottom Shelf - Diaries and essential daily usage things.

I am so happy with it all I could just burst.

Today is my final 24 hours of being a 23 year old. This birthday thing is getting rather used now I'm afraid to say. 24 is really in the20s isn't it??? It's almost midway through them.

There are so many things I haven't done yet. Like learn to drive for example.

I'm not complaining though, I look forward to the things I haven't done yet.

The best thing about my 23rd year was that I was actually able to really think freely on my own and make decisions. Really get to know myself and what I want from life. No, I don't have all the answers, but I was able to do things I wouldn't have done before.

I moved out of my family home for one. I wouldn't say I've left there for good, in fact, I'd say it was more my home than where I live now, but...there is a certain lovely feeling you get when you are free from parental dictatorship. I say that in the most respectful way. I believe wholeheartedly that my parents brought me up so that I could come to a place where I was able to live without them. I also believe they did a pretty good job.

However, to be able to be fully myself and not a little clone of them. I had to get out of the nest and really test my abilities and grow my own ideals and feed my own curiosity.

I'm doing that now and I have to say, it is liberating.

I guess that is why I have been able to do so many things. If I'd been at home, I would never have gone to Korea and met my friends and seen bigbang. What a loss that would have been!

I can't even imagine how horrid D:

So yes, I'm stretching my wings, testing my boundaries and hopefully becoming a better me as time goes along.

In any case, I am looking forward to this, my 24th year, with curiosity and excitement and I hope my future self will really go for it and take every opportunity and run with it.

I will see more of the world and experience more things and thrive on change. I want to learn everything I can and try new flavours and see more cultures and share it all with interesting people. It would also be quite nice if there was a bit of wild out of control romance thrown in there too, just a suggestion :D

SO...allthough 24 is almost mid 20s, I feel like it is part of the beginning of a new era for me.

Care to join?

Min

No comments:

Post a Comment